Thursday 15 May 2008

Road Songs (Joni Mitchell-Trouble Man by Marvin Gaye)

Take someone as demure as Canadian singer-songwriter Joni Mitchell to cover one of the classics from soul era and you are asking for trouble. Then, why is it that I feel so drawn to this video? She even sashays around the stage and does the 'I know some places/And I see some faces/I've got the connections/I dig my directions/What people say, that's okay/They don't bother me, oh yeah/I'm ready to make it/Don't care what the weather/Don't care 'bout no trouble/Got myself together/I feel the kind of/protection/That's all around me' perfectly. It is a fantastic rendition and one I am proud to upload onto the blog this week. Funky.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...